• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the Grade of my Dansco 7070 Addition 1877 Seated Liberty Half! GRADE UP!

15 posts in this topic

Hi, Everyone

This coin has been certifed by a major TPG, what do you grade it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Any comments welcome. smile.gif

What would you pay for it?

It is an addition to my DANSCO 7070! grin.gif

AAJ

1877slhdo.jpg

1877slhdr.jpg

I always hate to be first...

AU-55+

Probably $185-$200

Hope this is a painless observation Al

Remember, these are opinions based on images.

(is the smuge on her head on the holder/in the image...or is it on the coin?)

edit or after thought: I would have this in my collection grin.gif

I would have to say AU55-58. Nice looking coin. I don't really know what I'd pay for it. Not much knowledge on them. Great addition! thumbsup2.gif

Hi, WoodenJefferson and ALL

Thank you for the kind words on my new addition to my collection. grin.gif

Very interesting!

"(is the smuge on her head on the holder/in the image...or is it on the coin?)"

The smuge on Liberty's head is on the holder.

AAJ

My guess would be either a nice choice AU58 or MS63. Hard to tell from an image. Value? Whatever you felt it was worth to you for your collection ! A beauty either way that any numismatist would be happy to show off a little. Congrats !

Hi, All

Well, Thank you everyone for agreeing with my assessment of the grade of this coin, that it was undergraded!. cloud9.gif

It is in a old small green ANACS holder and is ceritied AU53. I thought it looked a few points higher than AU53 maybe an AU58, so I bought it for my DANSCO 7070 Type set. I paid $185.25, right on WoodenJefferson, and I was happy with that price for this high grade coin.

Everyone in this post graded this coin at least a AU55 and a couple graded it MS61 and MS63, thanks, Ikenefic and CannonCoins! grin.gif

AAJ

1877slhd.jpg

AAJ...no problem. I suppose what ANACS and others were calling "rub" I thought might have been attributable to a weaker strike so I went out on a limb. Very nice super clean fields for the grade...IMO..

L