• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADE POSTED! Guess the Grade: 1938 Walking Liberty half-dollar (107 Kb)

13 posts in this topic

Looks like a minty PF66 to me James.

Maybe 67, but I’m bias and all WLHs look good to me! insane.gif

cloud9.gifLove those Walkers…

Major plumge on that Eagle! This one of those instances where the coin in hand will out perform the image hands down.

Not often will you see a rounded thumb with split fingers...an excellent example of what the mint was capable of creating in 1938.

Since grading proofs is often determined by marks and hairlines that you just can't see in a photo, I won't hazard a grade. But I will say that is one BEAUTIFUL Walker! I love the frosting!

James---- You didn't say whether the coin had any hairlines?? Pictures, as we all know, are not something from which we should totally depend upon to grade any coin----especially a Proof.

Having said that, I will agree with Paul on this one----and call it PF66

In hand, I could go up or down ----depending on what I saw. It looks a bit weak below the I of Liberty. Still a nice coin in any event. Bob [supertooth]

PF63

Nice one. Very nice.

Ok, 64

edited to add;

got here late and wanted to guess before reading.

i'm terrible at grading walkers, 65 seems like such a low number to describe a 38 Proof that is so appealing to a Numismatist. Value for these must be very under-rated i guess too.

my 1st 64 guess was from tiny ticks, guess the overall beauty rules the day.

Are these even available in the market at all, or are the rest all fugly ?

Thanks, Fergie.