• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Cost: 1848-O Seated Liberty half-dollar (CAUTION: dialuppers)

11 posts in this topic

In keeping with the trend of some recent posts, guess what I paid for this rather humble and definitely unspectacular coin (no, it is not for sale). The image is dead-on accurate, and clearly shows an interesting linear planchet flaw across the eagle's right wing.

k1848.jpg

$54. No more, no less.

I would take this for an album collection, that is for sure (Type or for the true OCD collector, Seated set).

Both fabulous bargains, James! One good turn deserves another. thumbsup2.gif A 158 year old coin, in great condition, from the branch Mint of the deep South - all for 20 bucks - gets no better than that!

Hoot

Thanks, guys! I really think coins like this are (or should be) the meat-and-potatoes of the hobby, not pop-top registry-quality condition-rarity coins.

I wholeheartedly agree. When are you sending the coin to be holdered at PCGS? stooges.gif