• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANACS population report now on line

15 posts in this topic

Ok, am I just missing it? I created a login, but it keeps taking me to the home page after I sign in, and I can't find my way to the population report.

I'm not usually stumped by these things... unless it is something staring me in the face, of course...

One needs to go through the entire registration process with name, address, etc. You will then get an email telling you your log in name and password. Then you log in with this information.

If you have an add-blocker, it must be disabled for the ANACS site. I disabled my separate add-blocker, but forgot my web browser had its own blocker. After disabling both, the census search works.

I would like to do a search for "prooflike", but one can only do a search under a specific year and denomination. This ANACS Pop search could be improved simply by allowing a range of dates, rather than only one date at a time.

I've tried every trick I can try and still can't get in. I've registered and confirmed my registration with ANACS, yet every time I attempt to access the population report online, I get returned to the login screen. Then, when I log in (again), I am taken to the ANACS home page, only to repeat the entire process again. I've turned off my popup blocker (which I should not have to do) on IE 7 (I have no other), and this process still occurs. frustrated.gif Finally gave up and sent ANACS an email. makepoint.gif

Hopefully, they'll fix the problems.

Hoot

Sorry guys, i had the same problems with the pop-up blockers. Your are right the site has some obivious problems. But it is a nice improvement over what they had. I am still

trying to figure it out confused-smiley-013.gif. Good luck with it Hoot. (also need your glasses to read the pop report) poke2.gif

From their search window it states the following:

* All Search Results will appear in a pop-up Window. If you have a pop-blocker enabled then you must either allow pop-ups from this site or disable your pop-up blocker.

I don't know about IE7 (I refuse to use the world's best virus launcher), but I was able to register using Firefox on Windoze. When I got home, I was able to login with Safari on my Mac. In both cases, I had to allow for popups from anacs.com.

So I guess the problem is the bug infested IE7! devil.gif

Scott hi.gif

Scott hi.gif

I'd rather blame it on the *spoon* who decided to use the popup technology to present the population report instead of just using a standard web page. I'm not an IT person, but I use a computer constantly and know enough to say that it just isn't that difficult to provide cross-platform compatability.

Hoot

Scott hi.gif

I'd rather blame it on the *spoon* who decided to use the popup technology to present the population report instead of just using a standard web page. I'm not an IT person, but I use a computer constantly and know enough to say that it just isn't that difficult to provide cross-platform compatability.

Hoot

I like your platform...

HOOT for PRESIDENT 2008

I kinda like that, has a ring to it...

GIVE a HOOT

Giv'em the BOOT

Vote for HOOT