• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Capped Bust Half - 1807 50/20 - O-111a (b?) "Bearded Goddess"

8 posts in this topic

This coin will be at the Charlotte ANA Show on Friday and Saturday and is already being shown to a few interested parties. If you are interested in purchasing it, please send me a PM on this message board to arrange a viewing on one of those two days if you plan on being at the show. I am considering all offers, I don't plan on bringing her back home with me.

It is currently raw, not sure if it will make the cut for slabbing due to the obverse scratches, which are not very deep with the exception of the swirl in front of her nose, and even it is not very distracting to the naked eye.

The coin was obtained at an estate sale in 1993 sliding around at the bottom of cigar box lot with some other coins, which is more than likely where it got the scratches. It was rinsed in denatured alcohol and put in a 2x2 for the past 14 years until rediscovery in early February.

1807BeardedO.JPG

1807BeardedR.JPG

Thanks for the bump and the thumbs up, James!

Last call to arrange viewings of the Goddess at the ANA Show on Friday or Saturday. I'll be heading out early in the AM, and I will check my PMs here one last time before I hit the road.

Speak now or hold your Peace Dollar!

Ok, didn't move it at the ANA Show, it will be going up on eBay Thursday, March 20 for a 10 day Auction ending on April 1. Keep your eyes peeled if you are interested.

My eBay name is drudgemart.

You can get to the front page of my store and find all my listings at www.drudgemart.com .net or .org.

I have a 2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i Sport Bike up this week if any of you are in the market for a crotch rocket...

Sorry... meant to update this thread as well. The coin was sent off today (Thurs. Mar 22) to NCS for Authentication, Details Grading and Variety Attribution Slabbing since it didn't make the cut at the ANA show for walkthrough. I flip flopped for a while on having NCS do it, but in the end a few people convinced me that was the best way to go... and since I'm new to the "Slabbing" game, I'm going with the voice of experience.

Should be back in a few weeks, I'll start another thread when it gets back and is ready to go up on the 'Bay.

Thanks for your interest... stay tuned!