• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does autobuild do?

12 posts in this topic

What does the autobuild feature actually do?

I like the new registry format. Some of the new features will take getting used to. I liked how there was a total of the Numismedia prices before although all of my early proof cameo coins still have now value, not that the given prices are very realistic, anyhow.

EZ, unless it has changed, the autobuild automatically builds you a set using the coins which are registered to you. makepoint.gif

grin.gif

I hit the autobuild button on my type set and nothing happened that I noticed. makepoint.gif But I get your meaning. thumbsup2.gif

Victor,

Autobuild will search through all the coins you have registered anywhere in the registry and automatically add the coins with the highest point value that are valid for that set. This way, with one click you can build a set with the highest possible ranking from your available coins.

John

Victor,

Autobuild will search through all the coins you have registered anywhere in the registry and automatically add the coins with the highest point value that are valid for that set. This way, with one click you can build a set with the highest possible ranking from your available coins.

John

I wish this were true. I just went through autobuild on several sets and my scores actually LOWERED. It seems that it takes the highest MS or PF grade without regard to what the points are. Another quirk I notice is that in several type sets, it took a MS66 Washington over a MS67 Washington which I had to manually go back and replace for higher points. foreheadslap.gif

Also, when you click on a specific coin in your set to see what points you might get for a particular MS or PF grade, variety, etc ... there is nothing in the "Description" that tells you which is which, just a column full of dates with no detail. confused.gif To add to that aggrevation, on long list, one doesn't even know what column to look in because the Grade scrolls up off the screen. Could be a better interface there too, just by having the top row 'freeze'. makepoint.gif

• Administrator

Good feedback. We'll look into the autobuild bug - that's not how it's supposed to function.

We'll also look into make the header rows more available.

Arch, I think there is a vast improvement in the software. However, one thing I do not like is having the category sets divided over so many pages. I am refering to, for instance, the USA type coin set where all registered users are listed. It is now too limiting, IMO.

Arch, I like what has been done with the upgrade.

Who chose the color scheme? I like it 893applaud-thumb.gif

One question. Last night I posted a Journal entry and the image is hanging outside the window. Is this something that can be corrected or do I need to change the shape of my image?

hi.gif

Arch, I like what has been done with the upgrade.

Who chose the color scheme? I like it

One question. Last night I posted a Journal entry and the image is hanging outside the window. Is this something that can be corrected or do I need to change the shape of my image?

Arch, I figured it out and got that 66 kb image in the Journal. Had to go vertical instead of horizontal. .......... Woo Hoo yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

It’s no big deal but is there anyway to make the window move horizontal for a panoramic image. Like I posted earlier, inserting it horizontally caused it to go outside the window and screen. hail.gif

grin.gif