• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multiple bid wins, no discount on shipping

5 posts in this topic

I don't have a problem if you are not going to offer a discount for shipping for multiple items won in an auction. I DO have a problem with you getting your panites in a wad when I request that, because you do not provide a discount to ship them separate. I will give the option for each item to be placed in it's own bubble wrap envelope to keep them from banging against each other.

I find it outrageous at the responses I get from this request.

I don't have a problem with someone making a buck, but if you are going to price it as a separate shipment, then don't get mad when I request that you ship them separate.

Grrrrrrrr.

makepoint.gif

sign-rantpost.gif

Legit rant...but if you pay for the items all at once...well, I guess the seller could ask for separate payments if you insist on separate shipments. It's a give and take policy...the ones I will not buy from are the ones who make money on shipping period. You know, sell a BU Sack for .99 but charge $6.99 for shipping and $2.45 for insurance, on each one you buy, toss them in a envelope scotch taped to a index card...read the fine print before bidding or BIN. Also ask seller questions. If they do not take the time to answer (with-in a reasonable amout of time) then they don't need your money.

Been through that. Had a guy charge $6.95 for Pri Mail, insurance, etc. It came $0.63 1st Class. Neutraled him and he Negged me!! Claimed salaries, costs, overhead. This was on gold bullion.

If a seller is not discounting, I would pay one at a time and let him pay the freight. BUT, I always ask if they discount before I get too involved.

Seth

Two instances where $4.95 S&H and optional $1.30 insurance per item and I won 3 items – two different sellers. I asked both time if they would combine for shipment and discount shipping and insurance. Both "No way". I bid knowing the S&H and Insurance so I do not have a problem with that nor do I have a problem with them declining to combine and discount.

When I paid, in my note to seller on PayPal I put "Since you are not offering a discount for combined shipment, then please either ship separate and package to protect from damage or pack each item separate so that they are not banging around against each other and pack to protect." They both had the nerve to complain and threaten a negative for requesting what they were billing for - that is separate shipments.

I understand if they ship together they make more money. If they are unwilling to offer a discount for combining shipments, then I am within my legal and yes, moral, rights to ask for separate shipments or at the very minimum, pack separate to protect then ship as one.

If you are going to charge for separate shipments, then don't threaten negative feedback if I request separate shipments. I want what I pay for...no more...no less.

I'm not complaining about the amount of S&H per item, I'm complaining about threatening a negative against me because I am requesting what I am paying for.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Been through that. Had a guy charge $6.95 for Pri Mail, insurance, etc. It came $0.63 1st Class. Neutraled him and he Negged me!! Claimed salaries, costs, overhead. This was on gold bullion.

If a seller is not discounting, I would pay one at a time and let him pay the freight. BUT, I always ask if they discount before I get too involved.

Seth

I can't say I'm surprised by that. You got hosed, then you grabbed the hose and turned it on yourself. The seller was a jerk, yes, but giving him a neutral and not expecting retaliation was naive. frown.gif

My only two negatives on eBay are from early on in my ebaying days when I too was naive and got retaliatory negs for giving deserved negs to other sellers.