• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hudson bay Medallion

3 posts in this topic

hi.gif Thanks to you all over the pond for your help in identifinng this item.. I have now found it in a 1970 edition of the Coins magazine printed in the uk.

In a two page artical by Stuart james on the Coins and tokens of the Hudson bay company. Quote: "The comapany has also awarded medals to the Employees who have served the company for a long time. Most recently a 300th anniversary commemorative has been issued to staff and shareholders, showing the Nonsuch, the first ship to reach Hudson Bay with a view to establishing a trade route for the North of Canada.

So ? is it rare ? still dont know i may try and contact them if they sill are trading they may be able to tell me who it was given to "No: 26900".

Do you think it would be nice to have it slabbed by NGC?

1692896-HUD.jpg

1692896-11a.jpg

1692896-11a.jpg.7a1e0b6ba93b423f032d2a6afa09abea.jpg

Do you think it would be nice to have it slabbed by NGC?

Dooly, generally the only reason I'd slab a coin is to protect it from oxidizing or to get it ready for selling. Generally I FAR prefer a raw coin. Tactiley it is so much nicer to be able to handle the coin raw.

Anyhow, it looks like a fun coin/medal. thumbsup2.gif

If it's a 1970 medal, my guess is that it would not be worth slabbing from a financial perspective since I assume few people know about it and there isn't a lot of collector demand. Of course, if you think it's a "sleeper" or just want to slab it for protection, then there may be stronger reasons to do so. I have many of my medals in AirTites or Saflip archival flips. Some of them are too high profile to fit in a slab anyway wink.gif Some of them are also too big for the 2.5x2.5 flips.