• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1890 S Morgan grade opinions

8 posts in this topic

I always hate photos like this because it is hard for me to tell if there is any luster at all. They make coins look like they have been over-dipped. Why don't you wait until you get the coin and give us some better photos? Just a suggestion.

This '90-S resides in a 62 holder:

1692861-IMG_1449.JPG1692861-IMG_1450.JPG1692861-IMG_1450.JPG

Chris

1692861-IMG_1450.JPG.08377897797492edd98fa430c6ac7ef8.JPG

I always hate photos like this because it is hard for me to tell if there is any luster at all. They make coins look like they have been over-dipped.
I've also been having a hard time gauging luster from some photos. I've passed on more than a few coins where the description said "great luster" but I wasn't able to see it in the pics. I love the sellers that have multiple coins going for hundreds of dollars that say they can't afford a digital camera to capture the luster but insist it's there.

I believe that I see a very slight rub on the reverse of the piece on the eagle's breast feathers. As such I'd say that it would slab grade as an MS-62 or as a 61 or 58 if it is a trifle dull. You almost never see the MS-60 grade.