• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWP 1813 Bustie-You Know the Drill

16 posts in this topic

Another really nice one. I feel like butter...

This is one of those Overton #'s that every collector should have in their collection. Clash city.

100_0451.jpg

100_0453.jpg

yay.gif

I have to say, in terms of coins, aging and preservation, particularly with coins that have seen commerce, that this coin is exceptional. There was an 1813 50C piece that recently sold for 3K+ that was an AU58. While I bid on that coin, because it looked incredible, I didn't win it, not willing to go that high. When I look at a coin like this, in some ways it puts that AU58 to shame. The AU58 may be pretty, but this coin has character. It's totally organic. And I think it would be a coin that TomB would like, which says a lot. But I can't speak for him. So I apologize. hi.gif

1813 CBHs are neat. Is this coin as dark as it appears in your pictures?

Yes it is, depending on how the light hits it. Actually, there is an orange, blue, green and yellow toning mixture going on when rotated in light. The toning actually has a polished look to it, but no hairlines worth mentioning. Really cool.

Incredible die clash...I almost griitted my teeth when I saw the mirror banner struck into the obverse. The mint worker really hammered that one home!

I just wonder how many were struck like that before the press operator noticed he screwed up? He may have been feeding the team of horses instead of the planchets.

This one is an R1, so my guess is that there were lots of this variety made. More for us! grin.gif

Hi, MBA101

A really fantastic chocolate Bustie! thumbsup2.gif

Great clash character and an overall beauty! grin.gif

XF45-AU50 range and a O-110 IMO.

This one would be very welcomed to my Bustie collection! cloud9.gif

AAJ