• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cherrypickers' guide books

5 posts in this topic

hello all!

could anyone tell me what coins are covered in which edition and volume number of the pickers' guide? i think i will purchase some thanks in advance.

halfpint

Cherrypickers' Guide to Rare Die Varieties of United States Coins Fourth Edition, Volume II by Bill Fivaz and J.T. Stanton covers half dimes to modern dollars plus gold and commemoratives.

The Cherrypickers' Guide to Rare Die Varieties Fourth Edition - Volume I By Bill Fivaz and J.T. Stanton covers half cents to Jefferson Nickels.

Halfpint, you should be aware of the fact that the CPG does not list every variety. When I spoke to JT about some Kennedy halves not being included, he told me that there were some varieties left out. Otherwise, in JT's words, the CPG would be larger than the VAM Book.

Chris

Otherwise, in JT's words, the CPG would be larger than the VAM Book.

I feel this is one of the big reasons for the delay of the last book. Wow, where do you stop, with all the great stuff out there? Where do you draw the line and just say no more.

Volume II has 449 pages. It's going to be fun seeing what Whitman goes with it.:)

Volume II has 449 pages. It's going to be fun seeing what Whitman goes with it.:)

According to JT, the 5th Edition will contain much, much more!

Chris