• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The NGC registry is a lot more competitive than the PCGS registry

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone else noticed that?

What I'm talking about it that it just seems like more people are competing for the same sets and it makes numerical ranking that much more difficult.

Funny I should admit to any concern about numerical achievement, when my concensus information is that ranking doesn't matter a bit. I can't help but see the numbers though. One day your rank 5, the next day 6, then 7 or 8 then 5.. Blah blah blah, and you know unless you have the moolah to buy a slew of MS65 whatevers, keep the photos private so no one can see ... or judge...

Just an observation. It's easier to rank a 3 on the PCGS registry while you can rank an 8 on an NGC registry.

Just an observation.

Kudos to NGC for having a more interesting and desired spot for those of us that like to show and talk about our coins.

I'm glad that there's so much more participation in the NGC registry. This makes sense since NGC allows both NGC and PCGS graded coins. Many sets are also listed in both places.

Hoot

I think Hoot is correct.....by allowing both TPGS' coins, it can mean more sets at NGC.

However, I do have to say that I used to prefer the NGC Registry for "ease of use" but after the PCGS revamping, I actually like theirs better.

I wish that PCGS had something like the score sheet that one can put in their sigline though. That is pretty cool by NGC!