• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MORE ON THE GEORGE WASHINGTON DOLLAR

38 posts in this topic

I saw a blank planchet on Ebay this morning.

Was it blank with the edge lettering, or fully blank?

They use the same planchets for the Sac Dollars, so if there is no edge lettering, there is no way to tell for sure whether it is a Wash or a Sac.

I saw a blank planchet on Ebay this morning.

Was it blank with the edge lettering, or fully blank?

They use the same planchets for the Sac Dollars, so if there is no edge lettering, there is no way to tell for sure whether it is a Wash or a Sac.

That's a good point.

No, it was completely blank.

The guy claims he got it out of a roll of Washingtons, but 1) he could be telling a lie and 2) the best slab it could ever get is MINT ERROR: Blank Planchet Sacagawea/Presidential Dollar.

There was another post of someone finding one of these here earlier. That's the only thing bad about finding one of these, no way to tell which dollar it came from. You would think that the metal composite would still be classified as a "Blank Dollar Planchet".

Well, yea. Like I said above it would probably be labeled "Sacagawea/Presidential" blank planchet.

NGC might be able to tell from the metal which it is.

Get it into NGC before Adams comes out.

One thing that would help would be to find out if the Mint has distributed Sac Dollars have been distributed this year. They are not available from the Mint's online catalog.

Then again... it does not have a date, so what's to say it is not a 2006? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Scott hi.gif

Well, I picked up 3 more rolls today. So I now have 15 unopened Philadelphia rolls and one opened rolled where I found one without the date. Wish I could see in the future. Lookin at Ebay now, and the coins ending in less than an hour are between $100-180 dollars. I would like to send the one I have to NGC and any others that I find but I feel like this is probably gonna be the highest this error sales for. I should probably sale now and try to buy it 6 months from now. What ya think?

there is a ms66 no edge on ebay with a day left bidding at 1200.00

3 days ago one sold for 497.00