• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want to buy Bust Half

8 posts in this topic

I'm searching for a problem free Bust Half around VF. Draped or Capped or whatever. Problem free, will accept an old cleaning job as long as it wasn't scrubbed and has re darkened, definately no holes or chop marks. Trying to stay in budget maybe around $50? May go for F if necessary. Are fakes a problem in this series?

If you want a Draped Bust half in VF your budget should be about $500, not $50. Deceptive fakes are not typically encountered in these series, but that may change.

I was confused by the designation, that's the older variety correct? I am looking at listings at a popular auction site and see sellers who don't know the difference either and that is adding to my confusion. I typically don't collect older classics but want an example of each, not sure where I am going with this yet. I have completed Kennedys to date, Franklins and short set of Liberty. I picked up a Seated Liberty and Barber both around F / VF and would like to add a Bustie. I am concerned about fakes and I do believe they are out there. Something in the 1830's seems within reach, may have to go up in price a but. I notice frequently the word Pluribus on the reverse seems to be worn around the letters URI on many. Is this typical and perhaps a sign of an authentic piece?

I'm searching for a problem free Bust Half around VF. Draped or Capped or whatever. Problem free, will accept an old cleaning job as long as it wasn't scrubbed and has re darkened, definately no holes or chop marks. Trying to stay in budget maybe around $50? May go for F if necessary. Are fakes a problem in this series?

I have this at $100 PPD:

k183301.jpg

at $95 PPD:

k183450.jpg

Without a little luck, it'll be tough to find a nice example of much under $100. Both of these coins are strong VFs with nice surfaces. Let me know if you want either one.

A Draped bust in VF will be MUCH more.

Wow, couple of beauties there but a bit out of reach for me at the moment. Thanks very much for the offer. To be honest they are a little nicer than what I am looking for. I do notice the usual weakness on PLURIBUS. Is this typical?