• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Function for Collectors Society Members

10 posts in this topic

WoW! I will have to did my box of coins out. I have a couple I have been wanting to check, but was to lazy to call!! Thanks!!

I sure that you guys and gals are woring on this, but how do you keep someone from pirating a Cert. number from an existing Registry Set?

Oldtrader,

As I understand it, when a collision occurs between an attempted new registration and an outstanding registration for the same certificate, NGC contacts the holder of the existing registration to verify that the transfer to new ownership is legitimate. No verification, no transfer.

I assume (but am not certain of the details) that a similar mechanism operates where PCGS coins are concerned.

Beijim

• Administrator

Yes. There is a security measure in place to alert us when a coin (whether it is NGC or PCGS) is already registered to someone in our Registry.

As we verify the entries, any coins already registered to another user automatically go to a special handling area where we can see who currently owns it, who is submitting it now and make a decision about how we want to handle it.

Of course both parties are notified when this happens so we can determine where the entry belongs.