• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anybody submitting Britannias for grading?

8 posts in this topic

I thought I'd just see if anyone was submitting any britannias for grading these days. Sure doesn't seem like it.

gmarguli - are you going to be getting any 2007s in?

Nope. They're too expensive to play that game. I got a great deal on the first batch I purchased, but for 2007s at 2X the cost of a US Silver Eagle, there is no way it is worth it to do these again.

I prefer my Britannias not in slabs. I have mine in AirTite holders stored in one of their boxes. I like the way it looks.

I will pick up a 2007 coin in Charlotte. If they are a good price, I might pick up more and sell all but one. We'll see...

Scott hi.gif

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but I'm thinking about submitting a 1900 B British trade dollar and a Maria Theresa 1780 trade to NCS for authentication and grading. Has anyone had any graded before, and how can you tell what year the Theresa stamped 1780 was really minted considering they minted them with the same year for 200 years? Any help would be great, I'm mostly a comic collector and haven't bought any coins in about 20 years.

Thanks Bob hi.gif