• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

found a new site that has old US mint reports

6 posts in this topic

I hope that he can get some more reports, as it is excellent information. Thanks for the link. Do you know where I can get mintage reports of specific coins? I was hoping to get mintage numbers on the various years of the walker halves.

Interesting reading under 1863. Chase was discussing the possibility of using aluminum in the minor coins as an alternative for silver. I had always heard that aluminum was more valuable than gold during that period. Chase mentions that ten years earlier aluminum was on par with gold but was now (1863) available for $10 a pound. Great find Chris!

Hi its good to see someone else from boston.

What are you looking for acual mintage of the coins? If so they have them in the Red Book or survival rates? If so it will take me some time to do research.

I am incolsing a link over to NBS web site because in thier ESYLUM in May 20,2001 they have infomation on how the mint destroyed alot of thier records in the 70's and 80's without anyones permision. You will have to go to thier ESYLUM archives and go to May 20,2001. It talks about it for a few issues after that. CHRIS

NBS

Thanks Chris for another great resource. I was actually referring to survival records. I am checking out your link. Why the heck would anyone want to destroy the mint records?!!! That makes absolutely no sense to me. But then again, saying that the mint is out of proof sets for a given year and then all of a sudden finding many, many more in storage available for sale makes just as much sense.