• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Checking submission status online

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

Why does Collectors Society require that one be a paid member to be able to check submission status online? It would seem to me that checking the status online would reduce your human overhead and thus allow you to save money...

I have a freebie CS account. I don't recall if I've ever called to find out the status of a submission. Assuming that CS checking via phone, then why not via online?

Regards,

EVP

EVP,

This question is a bit out of my domain, but I'll take a shot at it. Checking submission status online is one of the benefits of paid membership. For those who can't access online, we have 5 full time customer service reps that are here to assist you when you call, so the human resources, really isn't much of an issue.

However, I still see your point and maybe things will change down the road.

If I am wrong about any of this, please correct me Dena.

John

Checking submission status online is one of the benefits of paid membership. For those who can't access online, we have 5 full time customer service reps that are here to assist you when you call, so the human resources, really isn't much of an issue.

John,

I am asking why online checking is only for paid members. It would seem to be more cost-effective to allow all members. That way, you save on the human resources -- which is always more expensive than a machine.

It isn't like you're denying the freebie members the option to check their status. A phone call (to your 800 number so you pay for the call) or using the computer seems about the same to me...

EVP

• Administrator

Hi EVP,

I definitely understand your point. However, as we continue to work on new website functionality, we feel it is only right to first offer those conveniences to the paid members of Collectors Society. As we release new functionality for paid members, we may consider making some functions available to all site visitors.

Thanks for the question.

Dena