• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice Toned (color) 42D Walker

14 posts in this topic

Picked this up at the last San Jose show in Calif. One of the nicest toned Walkers I've seen and owned. It's in a PCGS holder graded MS66. Finally got it imaged, and while it's a good image... it gets even better in hand. Enjoy!! 40039987.jpg

Superb Walkers both! smile.gif

I love the '42-D with what appears to be speckled peripheral purple, blue and lilac melting into largely smooth, silver centers. The reverse seems to have some orange tint to it. The '37-D(?) looks to have hard, silvery surfaces with great splashes of bold color.

Both are a treat!

What did you use to digitize that Walker? It is rare to see such smooth and subtle colors in a toned scan/digpic!

Thanks for the good words folks, very much appreciated. As far as imaging... I could never have come close with my scanner. After at least 6 months of owning it, I sent it to a board member and used his imaging service he provides.

could never have come close with my scanner.

Tell me about it. I've been pulling my hair out this past couple of weeks trying to get some good shots. Shylock helped me with some set-up advice and lighting. I'm using OTT lamps with a Nikon 950 (an older model now...).

BTW, stman, how long have you owned that coin. I "think" I've seen it before. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here's my site...tell me what you think. I haven't been able to finish up as I still have my Indian Eagles to do.

My lame attempt at a web site.

jom

My lame attempt at a web site.

That kind of web site is my favorite. Direct and to the point. No extras and very direct communication. PS - that first 1930S SLQ looks killer!

You have some really nice coins, especially the Buffalos, and the photography is great. I also admire your $10 Eagle collection.

Beijim

Thanks all. It's been an experience, believe me. Lots of hair pulling and head bangin'...lol Shylock has been great help because he, appearently, uses a Nikon and so I went and got the type of lighting he uses.

That kind of web site is my favorite. Direct and to the point. No extras and very direct communication. PS - that first 1930S SLQ looks killer!

HA HA! Fooled ya. Actually, that is the SAME coin. I put that up there for so I could ask questions on WHY/HOW the lighting changes the appearence so much. In this case, the luster seemed to die down when I ADDED (!) more light (believe it or not). You'll also notice in the 1st picture there are more areas that are dark so you can't see the toning in those areas. Then there is the glare issue! ARGH!

The 30-S is the only "repeat" that is the same coin. The dual Kennedy's are actually different coins.

I haven't taken any dig photos of the Eagles yet. Those are my older pictures using a scanner.

If TomB is reading this, what do you think of the Kennedy's? They've been in Dansco holders about 10 years...not bad eh? laugh.gif

jom