• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smooth Edge Washington Seller on the Bay... caution...

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Yesterday I received a smooth edge Washington I bought on the Bay. I went to the Bay to leave feedback only to find the seller is "no longer a registered user"

That's weird right?

His ebay id is ericz123 and he lives, according to PayPal in Elkton, FL. If anyone wants more specific info on him PM me.

I've looked at the coin very carefully and it looks legitimate. It's the correct diameter and edge show no sign of having a dremmel used on it.

It's just weird that the guy would leave Ebay...

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmmmm

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sometimes people get Naru'd for strange reasons. Not paying fees is one, and another is that their account was accessed by an unauthorized third party. He could have just been hacked confused-smiley-013.gif

Can be a few different reasons for the "No longer registered" moniker... not all of them horrible, but most of them not great.

Violation of eBay rules and no response to the warning sent, or tried to relist something after the listing was pulled.

His account was hacked and he had it voluntarily suspended.

If he was a newer member -- his verification may have bounced, and he would be automatically suspended if he didn't correct the problem.

He may have another eBay name, didn't want other people to know it was him, and created that name just to sell those particular items and doesn't care about feedback now that he's done.

YOU didn't get ripped off... but maybe he sold the same coin multiple times, and you just happened to be the one that actually got it.

Try back in a few days -- it may be reactivated.

I've been wondering about these coins...does yours appear to be filled in any way? I suppose after filling, the edges would have to be tooled to smooth them out. Any ideas about how many of these exist?

L

Could also just be that his credit card on file with them passed its expiration date and he'll be reinstated as soon as updates the card.

If he is new and suddenly started selling a LOT of coins and is getting a bunch of money sent to him that sometimes sets off a flag for further investigation and they get suspended until eBay is satified that they are legit.

This has happened to me twice on ebay just after the bid process was over and I had not received by coins yet. Talk about irate. But after contacting the sellers who in both occasions were extremely nice and apologetic the problem was paperwork on monthly fees. Both had excellent feedback records. I received my coins in a normal time frame which were as promised. Maybe that was just dumb luck as I know their are numerous evil people on ebay, but I wouldn't prosecute this gentleman just yet. just a thought.

Jes

I looked at the edge very carefully and it looks non-filed and as I said above, there is no difference in diameter of the coin when compared to 'regular' Washingtons I got at the bank.

I emailed him and he's saying Ebay has suspended him "for no good reason" which kinda goes along with what you all are saying.