• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An honest place to sell coins

1 post in this topic

I would like to know an honest internet store OR a Dealer or Collector or Internet Business that will buy all types of slab coins and not just certain Grading companies. I have no problem with the certain Grading companies I understand that they do rate different with different dealers but my grief is with certain Internet Dealers and buyers that say on there web site "Just send us a list of your slabs and there grade and year and we will give you a quote" or "Just send your coins to this address and we will inspect your coins and send you a quote over the internet of what we feel is a resonable prize for your approval". I did this on one site and they say "1. We have no call for modern coins Proofs and Mints and they aren't this grading company so we're sorry but your coins don't qualify." As a newby to this and trying to get something for my duplicate slabs I sent my slabs Insured and Registered as the Dealer of another web site stated with a complete list of coins with grade and year and denomination and then get a call from the Dealer who says "I don't except these slabs only certain other grading company slabs" "Why didn't you call first?" To make a long story short I wound up paying this Dealer shipping costs to send my coins back to me Registered and Insured. Who makes that money. I would think that if these dealers only wanted certain grading companies then post it on the Web Site in Capitals!! Thanks in advance for all responses. I guess I'm really too new at this hobby yet. (5 years so far)

PapaG