• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1965 Canadian Dollar Varieties - Set of 4

5 posts in this topic

Does having these 4 coins in a set like this increase the demand/value/appeal in general? Just wondering, thoughts and opionions welcome.

I had to split the pic in half so that it would download, these are in one set of 4.

Thanks

SmallBeads.jpg

LargeBeads.jpg

I have the four of five varieties in an album, not in a display. I am missing the Type 5 (pointed 5, medium beads). But the prices have not moved much. They are retailing individually for $8-10 on the average. The Type 5 has been around the $15-17 range for the last year, or so.

The demand for Canadian coins that are not bullion is not as high. I don't understand why, because Canadian dollars are undervalued and as nice as US coins.

Hmm... I might try to pick up a Type 5 dollar when I go to Charlotte in two weeks.

Scott hi.gif

I have the four of five varieties in an album, not in a display. I am missing the Type 5 (pointed 5, medium beads). But the prices have not moved much. They are retailing individually for $8-10 on the average. The Type 5 has been around the $15-17 range for the last year, or so.

Me, too. I have the Type 5 in an ICG MS63 slab, but I didn't want to crack it out to put in my Dansco.

I was under the impression that they sell for more than $17 in BU. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The demand for Canadian coins that are not bullion is not as high. I don't understand why, because Canadian dollars are undervalued and as nice as US coins.
The reason my demand for Canadian coins is low is because the British monarch is on them and I don't know anything about British monarchs. Lately I've looked at a number of coins from different countries and time periods with monarchs and realized that I find them much less interesting because I don't know anything about the people who got their position by who their parents were. I was raised in the US and taught that a meritocracy was a good thing so that doesn't help. One of founding priciples of the US is not to have a monarch. I'd need to read and learn about each of the monarchs before I get very interested in coins with specific effigies. Because the effigy is on so many coins, I also often feel that I'm only looking at half a coin when it comes to Britsh Commonwealth coins (which I've mentioned before). I wonder how many collectors are in a similar position?

The reason my demand for Canadian coins is low is because the British monarch is on them and I don't know anything about British monarchs. Lately I've looked at a number of coins from different countries and time periods with monarchs and realized that I find them much less interesting because I don't know anything about the people who got their position by who their parents were. I was raised in the US and taught that a meritocracy was a good thing so that doesn't help. One of founding priciples of the US is not to have a monarch. I'd need to read and learn about each of the monarchs before I get very interested in coins with specific effigies. Because the effigy is on so many coins, I also often feel that I'm only looking at half a coin when it comes to Britsh Commonwealth coins (which I've mentioned before). I wonder how many collectors are in a similar position?

If you read the book, Edward the Caresser , you may become interested in collecting Edward VII coins. Bertie was quite the playboy.