• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The real meaning behind the coin lingo.

35 posts in this topic

in this post I thought I would try something fun and somewhat true lets get your input on what you thank people are really trying to say when they use words like OBW, Unsearched, unopened, nice mix, and so on I go first.

The real meaning Of OBW is I got the coins out without ripping the Paper and was able to put them right back in.

Have fun or not whatever.

Re: The real meaning behind the coin lingo

sleezebay seller----REAL MEANING to fancy worded descriptions ------all sh*tty numismatic items that have already been picked through and i (sleezebay seller) will make a tidy profit selling it to sucker bidders on sleezebay

all sh*t that has already picked through and i will make a tidy profit selling it to you sucker bidders on sleezebay

confused.gif

"L@@K...mild cameo contrast"

What they really mean,

The coin for sale is a dog, I have to lie so you'll click on me, and even though it's a proof, no way in *spoon* would it ever get a Cameo grade. foreheadslap.gif

When they say: TRENDS for $1,000 (or some other too high amount)

They mean: Looked up the price somewhere for an MS/PR 70 coin of the same type if it was slabbed in a PCGS hilder. But I bought this dog raw at MS60 or AU58 prices and I am trying to make a big profit selling it to the novice!

Scott hi.gif

hey bsshog40 I'm a power seller yeahok.gif

To me, there are some power sellers (not all but the ones I think of when I hear this term) who use money to bribe eBay into letting them do whatever they please, and eBay $uck$ for looking the other way.

Chris

Estate Find = I just got a big lot of culls and I am going to sell you these rare beauties that I cannot even read the date on.

Hairlines = Are your hairlines receding? They will be after a few months of Ebay!

If you see bizarre ***** "star" ratings, or wacky letter grades, like "AAA+++" or "PQ+++", it's an iron-clad guarantee that the coin is a piece of crap. The biggest abusers of this are Gus Tiso and David Lawrence.

There, I've named names 893whatthe.gif.

"Overton" - We made "over a ton" of money finding very slight deviations between coins and assigning a variety name for it (See "Variety).

"Variety" - A deviation that is undetectable to all but the truely anal retentive person (See "Collector").

"Collector" - A truely anal retentive person

"Snow" - A variety found by Rick Snow on an I.H. of F.E. small cent (See "Overton, but add about 6 feet of it to cover yourself in after the purchase).

"FS" - This Jefferson is Full of *Spoon*.

"FBL" - Reference to the "Faint-But-Legible" bell-lines on a Franklin Half.

"FSB" - Found Splits Barely