• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pages to insert slabs in?

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Not to long ago someone put up a link to a type of binder page that could hold slabs. I think it was nine slabs to a page.

I did a search, but can't seem to find the thread.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and where to find them?

After several different attempts at keeping my type collection together here’s what I put together for my slabbed type set that also houses the few raw coins that I have in my type set still.

P1010019.jpg

This album stores well, transports safely to places like a bank vault by zipping shut and is real nice looking through, easy for me to show the set to some one. The slabs are held in plastic pages purchased from Eagle as linked to by Chris earlier in this thread. (Most people that look at my collection are content to look at the coins through two layers of plastic, but the slabs do come out easily for those who care to hold the slab to get a good look).

Four pages that hold 36 coins can be fit into this binder, actually it’s nice and snug but you can still zip close without any struggle. I can even close mine with the blue vinyl sheet I put between each page; I added these sheets so you can’t see the next page, giving the album a cleaner look that only allows you to see just one page at a time, either obverse side of the page or the reverses.

P1010023.jpg

The blinder I found at OfficeMax some years ago is still made by the Samsill corp.; its Leather-like vinyl with sewn edges, concealed rivets, brass plated rings and corners. Pocket on inside front and back covers and is zippered on three sides. Although it is no longer at OfficeMax it can be found many places on the web, its model SAM15250.

Here’s one site I found doing a quick search:

Zippered three ring Binder

Sometimes I take all of the pages out so I can see the entire collection in one view, insane.gifcloud9.gifinsane.gif most denominations fit on a single page, except five cent nickels needing two. Also half dimes are with the dimes on one page and half cents, large cents, two cent and three cents are fitting on one page too, for now…

P5030027.jpg

Paul, thanks for the link to the zippered portfolio. I have several that I purchased from Eagle, but I think the one you listed is less costly. I also noticed in your display that you are using the foam adaptors for the old ANACS slabs. I should mention that these are also available from Eagle and the ANACS slabs fit snugly into place.

Chris