• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cert Number Lookup

5 posts in this topic

Howdy,

I noticed with enthusiasm the new "Cert Number Lookup" item on the Collector's Society "COINS" menu, but when I select it, I receive a directory listing from the Collector's Society web server.

At the top of the resulting page is the title (in large bold characters):

www.collectors-society.com - /coins/lookupcert/

In the listing itself is a single directory named CVS. Clicking on this directory shows subdirectories named Entries, Entries.Extra, Repository, and Root.

Is this a work in progress that isn't yet complete? If so, you might want to disable the menu item until it's working as intended, to minimize exposure of the server to inquiring minds.

In case it matters, I saw this while using Internet Explorer.

Regards,

Beijim

• Administrator

Yes, it is a work in progress. You're right...we probably should disable the menu item until it's working as intended.

Thanks!!!

• Administrator

Correction...this function is now live and available to members of the Collectors Society with paid full featured accounts.

I think this should be available to everyone, not just paying members. I'm not sure whether this is built in or not yet, but the cert verification should also display whether the slab is entered in the registry and if so, to whom. This would discourage some eBay ripoff artists from taking images from the registry and using them to "sell" coins they don't own.