• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

artificial toning

11 posts in this topic

Not much can be done with AT that I know of. You may be able to dip the life out of it but I still don't think it will help. I'd say just live with it.

I think the toning looks to dark to dip off without dipping the life out of the coin. It's a 40 to 50 dollar coin even without the AT. I would leave it and just chalk it up to experience. You could always sell it on Ebay and recover a portion of the purchase price.

JJ

Dipping with take off the artificial toning. It will probably take away some of the luster also. It basically what you want. If you do decide to dip the coin use a dip such as e-Zest and follow the directions. Practice with silver clad pocket change before you dip you coin. Make sure you are satisfied with these results before actually dipping your Morgan.

It's slabbed so I'll probably just leave it and suffer.
If it's slabbed, you can probably do ok if you sell it. Why not just sell it if you don't like it?

How much would you lose on this? Who knows, maybe someone will like it enough to pay a premium.

Here's a general question: if you are selling an AT coin slabbed by one of the major TPGs, do you have an obligation to disclose that the coin is AT in the slab?

Who slabbed it? What is the grade? Can you give me an enlargement showing more detail. I might be interested in buying it for a Taco Bell experiment.

Chris

For no lack of embarrassment this coin was slabbed by NTC as MS66 and was designated Artificial Toning. In a hurry to make what I thought a good buy I purchased it not really believing that it was 66 but felt it was 64/65 less the AT. Greed can make such poor decisions. I'll not whine too long about it though.

I have the largest pic I can produce as it is starting to blur. Thanks for your help.

Jes tonofbricks.gif1889Pobvrev.jpg