• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sending in a mixed batch

2 posts in this topic

The mint was supposed to send different items on different dates so I did not anticipate this problem. Now I have an unopened box with five 20th Anniversary silver sets, a burnished gold 4-coin set and who knows what else.

What the mint did, in their infinite wisdom, was break up the shipment into two the same day. Then they told me they both had the same tracking number (FEDEX does not do that!)

Anyway, by deduction I can guess what's in there, but not confirm.

So, the questions are:

1. Is the 20th Anniversary label still an option?

2. If I do not want the gold graded how do I deal with that?

3. Do I get the all the mint packaging returned?

Thank you,

Seth

• Administrator

Thank you for your questions. Some additional information of general interest has also been included along with the answers to your questions.

If you cannot determine which coins are in which box from the tracking numbers, you can send everything to NGC. Note that you will be responsible for all shipping and insurance charges. I therefore recommend that you contact US Mint customer service for any and all additional tracking information, if available.

In response to your questions.

1. Yes, the 20th Anniversary Label is an option for all Reverse Proofs and for all applicable coins sent to NGC in original sealed Mint shipping boxes.

2. Write on your submission form that the gold was shipped with 20th Anniversary Eagles and that you do not want these coins graded. Also request that the ungraded coins be returned with graded coins to avoid duplicate postage charges.

3. Yes, in this case, the Mint packaging will be returned to you.

Important Note: Mint packaging is only returned when it is required for NGC to designate your coins properly. When packaging is not required for designation, it is not returned. Do not send Mint packaging to NGC when it is not required.

Also, Mint capsules are not returned. It is recommended that coins be sent to NGC in Mint capsules to protect them during transit. No fee is charged to remove coins from these capsules.