• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cruzin' eBay...

8 posts in this topic

Yeah, harshly cleaned. If the coin was whizzed I would expect those lines to be a lot less evident and the surfaces to have that shiny whizzed look.

At least he mentions the scratches and has decent photos that detail the extent of the damage.

That would have been a great coin if only some bonehead did not take it upon himself to "improve" it with some personal TLC. mad.gif

Why anyone would do that to this coin is beyond my comprehension.

I think in this case, we can at least take a good shot at guessing the reason. This coin had ugly scratches in the left-hand field and on the headband, and someone attempted to smooth down the coin and lessen the eyesore effect of the scratches. The effect is a little attenuated now, but the rest of the coin is now an eyesore. Worth no more than $60 in my opinion.

For virtually the same price, I bought a NICE EF-45 that blows away that piece of junk, and that included the price of ANACS grading!

g1834cn.jpg

Of course, the eBay coin comes with a free nose hair 27_laughing.gif:

junk2437.jpg