• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can't believe FedEx tried to deliver to wrong address

15 posts in this topic

I had NGC send my 20th ASE back next day and the tracking says incorrect address. Has this happened to anyone and how did you go about getting your package?

FedEx bites! I do not trust them. I would never trust them. UPS or registered USPS is the only way to go.

Ditto!! DO NOT use UPS and FedEx to mail coins! Sooner or later, you will get hosed. There is no reason not to use the USPS for mailing valuable coins.

This is how NGC sent them. I wanted them sent overnight. I guess I will just always use registered mail with them.

The USPS can also ship overnight, and I would still consider it safer than FedEx. Most insurance companies would agree, since they usually require coins to be mailed via overnight USPS to qualify for insurance.

By the way, I have no particular bias against UPS and FedEx, and do use them for shipping other things, but for coins, my experience is that the good ol' Post Office is still the best.

I've had so much poor service from UPS over the past couple of years that I would hesitate to pay them to send anything for me. I thought I was alone until a couple of friends and acquaintances related their UPS horror stores to me.

And remember if they don't show up, unless NGC had the shipment privately insured you're hosed as Fedex does not insure coins even as collectibles. So if they are gone no insurance sorry.

Of Course NGC has private insurance on packages sent out! It would be rediculous not to.

Jeff

Why would that be rediculous? If they are average or above in prenting losses, then they would come out ahead to self insure.