• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eisenhower dollar scotch taped in place for 20 years....

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

Well, when I was a kid, I had this plastic thing for "20th Century Type Coins" that I very proudly completed.

Problem is, some of the coins would not stay in place, So I put an X of scotch tape accross the back of each coin and they nicely stayed in place for the past 20 years.

Of the coins that were taped, all are basically 'melt' quality coins, in other words I'm not worried about them.

Except: I think the Eisenhower that was taped in place is a 1972 Type 2 foreheadslap.gif

So my question is: Can the scotch tape yellow residue that is 20 years in the making be removed?

Of course we would have to see the coin to be certain, but there is a good chance that the marks of the tape can be removed. We have in the past had success in removing such residues from the surfaces of coins that have had the offending tape even likely longer than what is on your coin. Chances are good your coin can be helped through professional conservation, but we would have to see the coin to be sure.

Chris, NCS