• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do we think the turn-around time for Modern Teir this week will be?

15 posts in this topic

My First Day of Issue Washingtons are hapily sitting at NGC as "received"

Given what has to be a mountain of "modern tier" coins received by NGC on Friday what do we think the turn-around time will be? I'm guessing a month.

Not just that, there's Jamestown coins, Washington First day of Issue, 2007 Eagles, 2007 state proofs just came out, etc. etc. etc.

I'm changing my guess from a month to six weeks.

I still havent gotten my ASE anniversary sets back and they were there on the 12th of January! They told me on the phone today that maybe the end of this week will be mail day - that will be 31 business days!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

P.S. I need these because I sold more coins on eBay than I have - JK but it was very close!

Shop At Home TV gets them returned the next day 893whatthe.gif

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner! acclaim.gif

How could they have submitted their coins sooner? That means NGC MUST give them preferential treatment.

My First Day of Issue Washingtons are hapily sitting at NGC as "received"

Given what has to be a mountain of "modern tier" coins received by NGC on Friday what do we think the turn-around time will be? I'm guessing a month.

At least a month, unless your HSN..."-(

Plus to Commemorate the release of the New Prez Dollars, they raised the Special Modern Tier from $12.50 to $15.00..."-(

Wax... Did you submit thru the "Modern" or "Special Modern" Tier...?

It's my understanding to get the "First Day Issue" Label it has to go "Special Modern"...

Well, actually I didn't know the "Special Modern" thing existed. I PM'ed Scott and he told me the service tier has been changed.

It seems to me that NGC can very easily predict these spikes in submissions based on the previously announced days of release of moderns. In other words, they know that the Monroe dollar is First Day of Issue May 18th.

NGC should try to handle these spikes the way retail stores prepare for Chirstmas... they know it's coming, so they get their poop togsther ahead of time.

Well, actually I didn't know the "Special Modern" thing existed. I PM'ed Scott and he told me the service tier has been changed.

It seems to me that NGC can very easily predict these spikes in submissions based on the previously announced days of release of moderns. In other words, they know that the Monroe dollar is First Day of Issue May 18th.

NGC should try to handle these spikes the way retail stores prepare for Chirstmas... they know it's coming, so they get their poop togsther ahead of time.

I don't disagree, but I would imagine that finding qualified graders to come in only during peak is more challenging than hiring minimum wage workers for the holidays. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ken