• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think the ANA should focus on?

6 posts in this topic

There seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction with how the ANA is run and a number of people have said it needs to get back to focusing on the members. Looking forward, what types of efforts do you think the ANA should focus on?

Some simple honesty would be a good start. The ANA is too quick to sell whatever integrity they have left to the big dealers.

I only belong to the ANA to look good on my business card. So far as I'm concerned the organization has sold its soul so many times, it's got no souls left and has gone well beyond Purgatory. devil.gif

Some simple honesty would be a good start. The ANA is too quick to sell whatever integrity they have left to the big dealers.

answer-- too little too late aint gonna happen

eliminate the executive director

have the prez serve a two year term and handle the orgs day to day operations and only a one term only

have a private public accounting firm audit the ana every year

The ANA needs to be open and honest with its members. There should be sunshine rules for the board like there are sunshine laws for the government.

The ANA needs to stop cow towing to dealers and start being more collector focused. Enhance education, club outreach, and make the organization more accessible to the members.

I disagree with Michael that the executive director needs to be eliminated. The ANA needs to replace the current executive director and alter the position to be more of a Chief Operations Officer position that would run the Colorado Springs office and not be involved in ANA board dealings.

The ANA needs general education and outreach programs beyond the ANA members. The ANA should be looking at two "smaller" shows that are focused on education in different areas of the country. This would included educational programs geared toward the casual collector and travelling exhibits from the museum.

In fact, the ANA should have a yearly travelling exhibit that would be in one place every six-to-eight weeks. Fees earned from the exhibits would go to support the travelling and other expenses.

The ANA needs a lesson in website design. The current website stinks. It is difficult to navigate and find items. The Members-only area is difficult to find and nearly useless. And the club information is woefully lacking and out of date.

That's my opinion!

Scott hi.gif

I only belong to the ANA to look good on my business card. So far as I'm concerned the organization has sold its soul so many times, it's got no souls left and has gone well beyond Purgatory. devil.gif

The ANA should be focused on its #1 objective - TO PROMOTE THE STUDY, SCIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE NUMISMATIC HOBBY - NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS! headbang.gif