• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Britannias: PCGS MS-68 ('99, '01, '02); '05 on Card; '03 in AirTite $0.99 start!

9 posts in this topic

I've listed these great silver Britannias on eBay, all of them starting at $0.99!

Everything ends Monday the 26th around 7pm EST, so get to bidding smile.gif

Three PCGS MS-68 Silver Britannias - 1999, 2001, 2002

One 2005 Silver Britannia on original Royal Mint Card

One 2003 Silver Britannia in a Protective AirTite Capsule

All photos depict the exact coin you will recieve. Slab scans are so-so quality; I suggest you go by the photos.

View my eBay Listings

1999 Silver Britannia - PCGS MS-68

1999-ms68-comp.jpg

1999-ms68-slab.jpg

2001 Silver Britannia - PCGS MS-68

2001-ms68-comp.jpg

2001-ms68-slab.jpg

2002 Silver Britannia - PCGS MS-68

2002-ms68-comp.jpg

2002-ms68-slab.jpg

2005 Silver Britannia - Original Mint Card

2005-card3.jpg

2003 Silver Britannia - in AirTite (beautiful coin)

2003-airtite-comp.jpg

Hi Michael,

I had a quick question about your photos that's been on my mind for a while. In your non-slab photos the coins seem to have a ripple effect on the fields and some of the devices. The same ripple effect does not appear in the photos of the slab. I have not seen Brittanias in person. Are these ripples on the coin or an artifact of the photography? Thanks.

Hi Zoins,

The images of the slabs are actually scans, not photos. Their quality is rather poor and doesn't show the coins off especially well, as the scanner I used wasn't really suited to the task. I intended them, more than anything, simply to show that the coins were indeed slabbed.

That said, the ripple effect seen in the photographs of the coins is the combined result of the lighting and the lighting housing reflecting off of the wonderful surface finish on these coins and the lighting's interaction with the slab's surface. It's tricky to completely avoid the effect, without taking half an hour to image the coins. Really, I rather like the effect, as it shows off the lovely surfaces.

If you're looking to get a good idea of what one of the britannias would look like, focus more on the photos, rather than the slab scans.

Thanks,

Michael