• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PMs recieved from new posters with 0 posts

18 posts in this topic

Upon returning from my weekend field trip (with a nasty chest cold and 102 degree temperature...sigh) I found several PMs in my box here on the board from newly registered members with 0 posts. One from "Smeeter" was trying to get me to go to www.savemoneyonebay.net (DON'T FOLLOW THAT LINK). The second one from "pgilkes" was purportedly from the senior staff writer of coin world asking for my name and state so he could quote my posts from the board in an article he was writing.

Both members, as I said, just registered and have not posted. It makes me suspect they are attempting to scam me. I have therefore not responded to their PMs.

Arch: do you have anything to say about this? Anyone else: have you gotten similar messages?

smeeter deleted immediately

the other one I am sure his regular email must be available for you to contact direct and Paul Gilkes is a writer for them

The second one from "pgilkes" was purportedly from the senior staff writer of coin world asking for my name and state so he could quote my posts from the board in an article he was writing.

I received a PM from Paul Gilkes, too. Now I don't feel so special. yeahok.gif He provided all the contact information that you need to confirm that he is who he claims to be.

The second one from "pgilkes" was purportedly from the senior staff writer of coin world asking for my name and state so he could quote my posts from the board in an article he was writing.

I received a PM from Paul Gilkes, too. Now I don't feel so special. yeahok.gif He provided all the contact information that you need to confirm that he is who he claims to be.

(Assuming that the contact info in the PM is the real contact info for the real Paul Gilkes)

• Administrator

We've seen a few spammers here and there on the boards. We ban them pretty quickly. So far it hasn't been a big problem, just an occasional ripple.

i got one in faxct three from smeeter asking me to look at a link on ebay and eaxch link he give me does not work

i asked him why he pm me and ask for coin advise and he told me that he say some of my posts

i have not heard from him in a day or so

strange

i am glad you made this posting

i got one in faxct three from smeeter asking me to look at a link on ebay and eaxch link he give me does not work

i asked him why he pm me and ask for coin advise and he told me that he say some of my posts

strange

Michael, were you born in an English speaking country? 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif27_laughing.gif

strange

Michael, were you born in an English speaking country? 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif27_laughing.gif

What makes you think the United States is an English-speaking country?

Chris