• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An 1880 with a problem,,, A rim bruse ..How much would this affect the grade,,,,

11 posts in this topic

This coin has a mintage of 12.6 million and is a fairly common coin. Point? Avoid a problem coin. If the rim ding bothers you then most certainly it will bother others.

You ask how it will affect the grade? It will either get bb'd or net graded. Neither of which ideas appeal to me.

This coin has a mintage of 12.6 million and is a fairly common coin. Point? Avoid a problem coin. If you rim ding bothers you then most certainly it will bother others.

You ask how it will affect the grade? It will either get bb'd or net graded. Neither of which ideas appeal to me.

It doesn't actually bother me...I guess it is more just curiosity as to what a 3'rd party would grade it.I bought it speculating on a certain VAM (43)and other than a WhatI might consider a minor rim bruse the coin is a beautiful piece of Americana and I am extreamly happy with it and the price was very reasonable...

Also could the bruse have been done at the mint as the mark above the S and below the bruse looks to be some what like a feeder mark?

As an aside EZ when is the big day??

Pretty sizeable dent there, actually moved some metal on the inner denticle ring. I'd avoid unless it's for a album filler. I don't think it would stand out in a Dansco album at all.

Pretty sizeable dent there, actually moved some metal on the inner denticle ring. I'd avoid unless it's for a album filler. I don't think it would stand out in a Dansco album at all.
I added this pic to denote the marks between the S and the bruse

bruse.jpg

As an aside EZ when is the big day??

What's happening, Pat. Ni hao ma?

I filed the immigration paperwork 2 or 3 weeks ago. It takes 6-9 months from there. But, my assignment is up on April 28th here in Northern Nevada and I will go to China again for two or three weeks. So, it's all good and everything is on track.

China celebrated New Years and the Spring Festival last night. Food and fireworks are all part of the celebration. Imagine over a billion Chinese bustling about. Surprisingly, there isn't too much crime there. They are actually an ordered people with quite a bit of freedom. I enjoyed the people and the culture while there.

Their driving habits are a trip, though. Blinkers and lanes mean nothing to them as they maneuver to avoid pedestrians and motorists. Surprisingly, I didn't see a single accident the entire 8 days I was there.

Here's a picture of Yun Yun Song from last night:

1646464-YunYun2-17-07.jpg

1646464-YunYun2-17-07.jpg.e16e3fc549c61b7ce53aecd5e9188210.jpg

Excellent EZ,,,Excellent.... I will always be grateful to the Corps for sending me to the Far East and experiencing the wonderful cultures...I am envious ..Keep us apprised.. thumbsup2.gif

Excellent EZ,,,Excellent.... I will always be grateful to the Corps for sending me to the Far East and experiencing the wonderful cultures...I am envious ..Keep us apprised.. thumbsup2.gif

Only if Bruce Lee does the same. grin.gif

Has bruce ever NOT kept us apprised 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgrin.gif

I too spent some time in teh Far East during my tour in the Corps. It was dreadfully hot (summertime there), but i look back at it with fond memories.

Doug