• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bringing back classical designs

5 posts in this topic

Given that many coin enthusiasts lament the state of modern US coin designs and that some like classic coin/SCD designs more, should coin enthusiasts push modern SCDs to have more classic designs? I figure there's not much coin collectors can do about US Mint designs directly but I have the impression that coin collectors can have a big impact on modern medals/SCDs such as coin club medals.

Would you like to see more classical designs come to things like coin club medals if we can't have them on circulating coins and NCLT? Perhaps having more medals out there will give people/Congressmen more classical ideas to talk about for our modern coins, both circulating and NCLT.

Have you spoken to your comgressman lately? If you're not holding a fund-raiser or lobbying durgs of oil drilling, he doesn't want to hear from you....

Have you spoken to your comgressman lately? If you're not holding a fund-raiser or lobbying durgs of oil drilling, he doesn't want to hear from you....
I agree. That's why I think collectors that would like some more classical designs should start with things that are hopefully easier for them to affect, like coin club medals. Coin clubs are made of coin collectors so if this can't be done, there's probably no hope anywhere else wink.gif