• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkside Top Pop

14 posts in this topic

I may be the forum's poorest expert on slabs, but it seems to me that any # / 0 coin is a "top pop" no matter what that number is. confused-smiley-013.gif

BTW, was a PCGS rep standing there bagging and numbering at least the first 56 2000 5p coins ejected?

Zoins, assuming you're not kidding, if the coin is NGC just go to their site and access the free census. If PCGS, post the (first) coin number from the slab and I'll look it up on the PCGS census. Any other TPG, fuggetaboutit!!

Thanks for looking it up yarm. I still have no idea how to look up a cert. I get "no results" for every kind of way I try to put the number in the search field. Maybe I'm using the wrong form? I did manage to get it into a Signature Set but that's it, no successful queries of any kind.

Anyway, I figure it's better for me to not be into the Registry or I might be tempted to certify the rest of my Unicorns wink.gif I'm looking at a few other NGC world coins that also aren't in the pop....

Once you log onto to the Collectors Society, you should go to "coins" and then "verify certification." The number on your NGC slab gets entered in 2 parts (which I believe represent your invoice number and coin number on the invoice.) Try it, you'll like it!

Thanks yarm. I'll play with it some more and see what I think. So far I've been having more fun collecting than slabbing. I have a bunch of stuff that is slabable but haven't been able to bring myself to pull the trigger yet.