• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-Baltimore preparation (7/27/03)

2 posts in this topic

This will be the first in what I hope will be a timely Baltimore ANA update for my trip to "the big show". If all goes well, I should have some form of net access while we are there and will give a nightly update (along with pictures that I can get uploaded).

Right now, I'm gathering everything I'm taking with me together (5x and 10x glasses, check, convention info check, etc) and am filling out a small notebook with holes in sets that need filling (not that I have any real plan on what I am going to buy mind you).

So far the (rather vague) itinerary goes something like: Leave tomorrow(Monday) morning around 7am local time via automobile heading from Nashvillle, through Knoxville, past Charlottesville VA, up to Baltimore and get to our hotel. Expected travel time somewhere between 10-12 hours between 3 drivers.Tuesday: Spend the day around Baltimore/DC as we see fit. Wed-Sat ANA convention and Baltimore. I have highlighted various presentations in the latest Numismatist that I plan on catching including, but not limited to Alan Herbert's Hub Doubling presentation, Mike Diamond's "It's not in the book", and Dr. Sol Taylor's "Cherrypicking the Lincoln cent" (which I hope will help in my pastime of goign through $50 face value Wheat bags).

Now the question remains... what if any... of my collection do I want to take with me for expert analysis or sale for some extra spending money. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

i hope you have a great time!

please keep me updated on here with your accessment of the show

i am really very interested in your observations

however you want to do it and report it

i am looking forward to it

michael