• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB NGC MS67 SIlver Roosevelts in old Fat holders - many dates

3 posts in this topic

How are you pricing them (price guide)? I think I have several put away. I once assembled (and sold) a complete set of NGC MS-66 Roosies, certified before the days of "FB", and I think I kept several of the inevitable incidental purchases of 67s.

James_EarlyUS,

For the most part, old holders really aren't worth a premium based on what they sell for - easily verified through higher volume auctioneers like Teletrade and Heritage. Whether is fat NGC w/o barcode, fat NGC w barcode, or skinnier NGC pre-FT, the holder makes little difference - but the date does. The more common dates like the 1956-P can be had for $15-20 on occasion while the majority are available in the $20-35 range. certainly the more key dates such as the 49P and 49S sell for more ($50-75 for the 49S for example), there are also dates like the 53P where NGC has only grded 130 coins that sell for more. Whereas it makes little difference to me, whatthe coin looks like also makes a huge difference. In my experience, many of the old holdered coins are, well, not attractive and overgraded. Ugly coins sell for less, attractive coins sell for more. I know of and have seen exceptionally attractive old holdered coins sell for $1000 to the right person. Not a very concise answer but show me some coins and I'll give you an offer!