• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1911-D St Gaudens PCGS MS65

10 posts in this topic

They make there own pricing _ Kind of a Conflict of interest in thier favor. _

NGC refuses to valuate thier coins in house they use numismedia, an external source for thier pricing. PCGS prices are kind of a joke - rule of thumb is like use 65-70 percent of the figure they say and you get a closer figure to the real world pricing.

I would be intersted but I do not want to insult you with what I think it is worth and pay.

Oh that is OK. You'd get them cheaper on the Bay of E by the looks of it. I purchased mine for just a bit more then they are listed for in your link.

I thought that they had appreciated quite a bit when I looked at the PCGS price list hence I thought of selling it as it isn't part of my core collection. Guess I'll hang on to it a bit longer now.

Thanks for the head up about the PCGS price list.

Marcel,

the CCDN (often seen as the most accurate pricing for US coins, as it comes out weekly) lists this year/date/condition as $ 1,120.00 Saints are pretty weak in price right now, as everyone is still going nuts for silly Buffalo gold and AGE bullion *spoon*. i'd hang onto it.

Doug

Thanks Doug,

Yes I will hang onto the St Gaudens after reading all the current market info on it.

The US price guides and what have you are basically useless for me unless I happen to stumble onto them on the net. As you know my collection is 99.99% Darkside in fact I have the above coin and an 1908 Indian Head $2.50 in MS64 ( I think that grades right ) which are the only US coins that I have. I used to follow PCGS guides but I'll pass on them after reading all the above.

Marcel,

the CCDN (often seen as the most accurate pricing for US coins, as it comes out weekly) lists this year/date/condition as $ 1,120.00 Saints are pretty weak in price right now, as everyone is still going nuts for silly Buffalo gold and AGE bullion *spoon*. i'd hang onto it.

Doug

hehe I at least was gonna offer him 1200 smile.gif

Marcel,

Doug

hehe I at least was gonna offer him 1200 smile.gif

yeah, I don't know anyone that really uses the PCGS price guide as a true estimate of a coin's "value". Their numbers are generally inflated a good deal. I subscribe to the CCDN quite often (it runs like $4 a week), so if you need a US price, feel free to PM me.