• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I literally saved tens of thousands of dollars.

2 posts in this topic

I went to post my bids on several high end coins at the Heritage Sale today. Lo and Behold, the reserves were so obscene that I only made one bid out of 20 lots. One coin in PC68 had a high bid yesterday of $7000. The reserve pushed it to $25K. 893whatthe.gif I guess some coins won't sell tomorrow. I may be wrong. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif But I know I won't get stuck. makepoint.gif

TRUTH

I couldn't make it in person to view the pre-ANA sale but I had scores of coins on my tracking list and looked at them quite closely in order to potentially bid. However, ever coin I was tracking was beyond what I thought reasonable given the caveat that they were essentially sight-unseen coins to me. I was surprised that each was bid to that level and am fairly certain that some buyers will not get what they were hoping for. I made no bids and saved my money for coins I can actually see first.