• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I love my wife!!

8 posts in this topic

My darling, beautiful, intelligent wife who is a teller had to work today, unexpectedly, because one of the local branches was understaffed. Lucky for me!

A customer came in with a small bag of half dollars. My wife, who is not a collector, kindly suggested to him that he might want to hang onto them as they might be worth something, but he insisted he just wanted to cash them. My wife didn't know if they were valuable or not, but she's on standing orders from me to bring home any and all halves or dollar coins she comes across, as well as any pre-65 quarter or dime or obsolete coin she notices as well. Thus, she came home today and called me on her cell on the way to tell me she'd noticed a 1968 half in the mix, which she thought was good (I confirmed it).

She then arrives home with $20 in half dollars. We sit down and start going through them and this is what we found (the rest were worn out slot machine halves).

1634513-DSC_6068.jpg

How's that for a great wife! She definitely earned her brownie points for the day smile.gif

The customer also mentioned that he had a $5 bill at home from the 1940s that he said was misprinted with the front image on both sides. He said someone who'd appraised it in the 1970s said they didn't have enough money to buy it from him. I don't know if it's real, but if so, sounds mighty valuable to me.

1634513-DSC_6068.jpg.d3c870a10c487f8660293e211007df9e.jpg

Looks like this one was already graded by PCGS

1634513-DSC_60681.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Dunno bout that but that is got to be one HUGE hand woth that Finger Dont you think smile.gif

Nice going for the Wifey! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Dunno bout that but that is got to be one HUGE hand woth that Finger Dont you think smile.gif

I suspect that is not a fingerprint, but a partial palmprint.

Looks like this one was already graded by PCGS

1634513-DSC_60681.jpg

kentucky.jpg

I bought chicken 43 years ago with that Kennedy...I can prove it!

Good for her...

27_laughing.gif