• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Impression on Canadian 1/2 Ounce

2 posts in this topic

I picked up this 2006 Canadian ½ ounce Timber Wolf coin some time ago, and put in the safe and never really paid any mind to it until the other day I was cleaning out the safe. What struck me was, not the all the wonder snow spots but right under the letter F in Fine there is an impression, I guess made at the time of pressing. Has anyone else come across this or have any information on what this is?? Error or not?? Thanks in advance!! Sorry about the scan, I know it’s not the best.

1633125-Wolf6.jpg.91d7c6e680d0b5d468306a98b7134a5a.jpg

That is a Struck thru. With one that size it will not really be considered a mint error but more of a hindrance for grade. Also those white spots are actually stains that will not come off the coin, much like the spotting that occurs on the American Silver Eagle coins. That too also will hinder the coins grade.