• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Need a Good Source for Purchasing Morgan BU Rolls

7 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, the only sources I'm familiar with are selling at retail. It would be my guess that you would have to contact some of the larger dealers who customarily advertise in Coin World or Numismatic News to see if you can make a "dealer-to-dealer" arrangement.

Chris

Where are my manners?!! Welcome to our friendly little group, CAT!

James, would $395 be a reasonable price for a roll of AU/BU with different dates, no '21's?

Chris

would $395 be a reasonable price for a roll of AU/BU with different dates, no '21's?

Absolutely. I think that is right around wholesale for AU/BU rolls. Bid on strictly BU rolls is around $550 right now, but of course, the real wholesale market is about 5% back of that, so you're looking at about $520. Again, that's strictly BU coins. Sliders rolls are bid around $325, so $395 for mixed rolls sounds very reasonable.

21s are a lot less - $375 in BU, only $250 for sliders and good luck finding a buyer at those levels.

Welcome to our little corner of the numismatic world! 893applaud-thumb.gif

One place you might look is G&F Coins out of Philadelphia. They have ads in almost all of the numismatic publications for their bulk coin services. While I have not ordered from them, a friend orders one of their series of 20th Century coins for reselling on eBay. They send some nice coins and does very well on turning them over.

It's just a thought. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Scott hi.gif