• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me or does George look like a demon in this picture?

23 posts in this topic

Here is a new graphic from the Mint's web site...

pic4Presidents.jpg

This is the first picture of the Presidential Dollars that is not the same drawings we've seen for months.

Is it just me or does the lack of eyes make Washington look like some sort of demon?

Hopefully, the actual coins look better.

Madison looks bad, also. So far I think these are going to be very dissapointing coins, except for the lettered edge, which has been gone since 1836! Lets not forget they are using the same composion as the Sacs, too. The mint should run an add for them saying "Made with magic planchets that turn black when circulated!"

Is it just me ...

It's just you. 893whatthe.gif

But the coins in ultra-low relief fail to capture the character of the faces of these great men.

I wish they'd replace the new portrait of Jefferson on the nickel with that one. The current portrait is beyond bad.

BTW, Madison was an unhealthy guy, especially by the time he was President. So, he should look bad! tonofbricks.gif

Hoot

yeah,modern mint engravers seem to lack the skill of their predecessors...

I completely, utterly, and totally agree ... except for Barber and Logacre.

He's just mad because nobody is paying attention to him. Everyone else is looking in the other direction.

Adams looks like he needs to lay off the donuts - what is this? The Fat White Man Series?

Adams looks like he needs to lay off the donuts - what is this? The Fat White Man Series?

Hey... don't pick on us fat white men!! boo.gif

27_laughing.gif

Back in those days, a large person was someone who was considered healthy. It meant they could afford food and was eating. The thin person was usually poor and had a difficult time paying for food.

On that note, Adams was not "fat." He just had a round face that did not age well.

Scott hi.gif

I have to say I was looking forward to this series and was planning to collect them. However, the more I see of the coins the less I like them. I will wait and make my final decision once I see one in person but, I don't have high hopes.

I wish they'd replace the new portrait of Jefferson on the nickel with that one.

I don't know, he looks like Barnabas Collins. (A reference which will go by a lot of the younger members here.)

dark-shadows-c.jpg

I wish they'd replace the new portrait of Jefferson on the nickel with that one.

I don't know, he looks like Barnabas Collins. (A reference which will go by a lot of the younger members here.)

27_laughing.gif Proof that Jefferson was actually a vampire? It would explain the longevity of his nickel series. insane.gif

Hoot