• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do I view lists of coins in an individual set?

6 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Well, I'm not 100% sure what you're looking for, but here's my guess.

Try clicking the "Show Score Table" links to see this page. Is that the kind of information you're looking for?

Regards,

Arch

• Administrator

When you click on "Registry" on the collectors' society, and then use the drop down to pick a category, you then are shown the top three collections for each set type in that category. You may notice that there is a "Show Score Table" link underneath each block of the top 3 sets. Anyone - members or not - can click this link to see the score tables for any set type.

As for those two coins, if they're listed in the set then they are a part of the % complete. So yes, a set without them is considered "incomplete" I guess. As it was explained to me, the rationale is that there are certain variants that are considered significant enough that most collectors consider owning them to be an important part of collecting those dates. Thus, "significant" varieties are included in sets, and more minor varieties are not.

As with anything it can be debatable whether that makes sense or not, but this is our take on the best way to construct these sets. Ultimately, though, David Lange can give you the real answer to any questions you have on the topic, I'm just giving you my own limited understanding of the topic.

Regards,

Arch

• Administrator

Currently there are no world coin sets... I think that's just primarily due to the combination of the fact that there are so many possible sets and a much smaller group of world coin collectors that we might have hundreds of categories with only one person in each category. But I'd love to find a way to accomodate the world collectors, and I think that may be possible at some point. I DO have certain evil plans being worked on deep in the fortresses of the dark side. Mwahahahahaaaaaa. ahem.

Arch