• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paper money error

6 posts in this topic

I have a friend, who works at the treasury building here in Richmond Va,That saw some funny looking bills and purchased them for face. He and I play pool on the same league team and have become good friends.He knows I am into collecting coins and thought I could be of some assistance in assigning a value for insurance purposes.

I HAVE NO CLUE.

I would think that this one would be pretty significant.

I know this is a coin forum but to be honest I think this error would intrest everyone.

219300-money1fffa.jpg.06dd7f63bd9fa8b9c0ea279d4ddbc3ed.jpg

Don't have any idea as to how common, but I've seen this with paperback books before. The paper isn't cleanly cut, and you get a ghost image on the hanging corner. Definitely not something you'll see everyday, but not sure how much additional value it would have.

Very cool! smile.gif

I have seen these before but have no clue as to what they are worth. Having written that, if you paid face value for them then you made out like a bandit.