• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chinese Panda 25th Anniversary

13 posts in this topic

news.gif The People’s Bank of China announced that they will issue a set of commemorative Panda bullion coins in gold and silver to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of issuing the Panda bullion coins. The coins will feature the different reverse designs of the Panda silver and gold coins for the last 25 years. The obverse of the coin will feature the Hall of Praying for Good Harvest of the Temple of Heaven in Beijing, the title of the People’s Republic of China, year 2007, the Chinese characters that will translate to “Chinese Panda Gold (or Silver) Coin Commemorating its 25th Anniversary.”

For more information and links to the coins, the posting on my blog (shameless plug acclaim.gif).

Scott hi.gif

Thanks, Scott. I'm going to buy a set tomorrow from Panda America. Got their email today. I agree that the coins are too small but it is still a cool set.

I bought the Silver anyone buying the GOLD ...

Production numbers are good ... I suspect I will turn it over in a few years as I do not collect these but and speculating

m

If the gold had a mintage of 5K or less then I probably would have bought a set. But, as it is, 18K is alot, IMO.

You buying the silver also then ??

If the gold had a mintage of 5K or less then I probably would have bought a set. But, as it is, 18K is alot, IMO.

Want a super low mintage set of Pandas? Check out the Platinum 1 ouncers. Issued from 1987 through 1990 with the highest mintage of 3,000 for 1989. Then add on the only 1 ouncer platinum 1987 coin show Panda. You can check them out here. thumbsup2.gif

You buying the silver also then ??

I ordered the silver set yesterday from PandaAmerica. Will ship in mid March.

l_910cbd9586fc445b137b9331c1b50e2d.jpg

Want a super low mintage set of Pandas? Check out the Platinum 1 ouncers. Issued from 1987 through 1990 with the highest mintage of 3,000 for 1989. Then add on the only 1 ouncer platinum 1987 coin show Panda. You can check them out here. thumbsup2.gif

This is interesting. Thanks. But, historically, it seems that platinum coinage never has stirred much collector's interest. The US "W" releases in December was an exception to the rule and kind of followed on the coatails of the gold and silver releases, IMO.

I'm just glad I got my 1 ounce Platinum Panda series completed before Platinum went past the 500/ounce spot. wink.gif

Yes sir! That is cool and an accomplishment to be proud of. thumbsup2.gif