• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bust Buyers BEWARE !!

9 posts in this topic

I posted this ATS under a different title, but had only one response.

Hopefully more read it!

Check out this Bust half currently on Teletrade (January 29 auction)

1836 50/00 NOT

The 00/50 is worth a bit more than what they are showing with a PCGS "attribution".

What they have slabbed is an O-104a, not an O-116. Just another reason to buy the coin

and NOT the plastic. 893blahblah.gif

I was the only respondant ATS. I will repeat here what I said there...

Anybody need an O-104a? At a 75 to 100 percent premium? Luckily, it is only an XF--if MS someone would REALLY be taking a bath. Once again, ALWAYS do your own attribution rather than depend on the TPG/seller!

Good catch GAB thumbsup2.gif

Wonder how they screwed that one up???

Maybe if I send in my 1817/3 and call it an 1817/4 they will label it????

Funniest part is some banana head will still buy it just to list a 17/4 in a registry set 27_laughing.gif

Nice work GAB,

Many years ago I nearly bought an 1822/1 encapsulated AU58 by either PCGS or NGC, can't remember which. Thanks to Sheridan Downey, I realized the coin was not the overdate---and the selling dealer knew darn well what he was attempting to sell was incorrectly labeled. This shady dealer is still making the coin show circuit, so beware. I will cannot name him, but I will say, he is fat, scruffy bearded, and likes to wear black T--shirts.