• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any fans of low mintage Seated coins around here?

3 posts in this topic

I have always loved these coins...they are so diverse. The Seated series is one of the first that I collected when I was younger....there are just too many common dates, I am drawn to the low mintage business strikes. Especially the Civil War Half Dimes and Dimes. Most of the half dimes really come beautiful. I have a 1865 where the fields are satinlike and the devices are a deeply frosted overlay.

Then you have the rare CC issues....cool. From the dimes, quarters, halves, and dollars its like a monster set within a set.

It's just amazing when you sit back and think about the many roads that Seated coins can take you down........

Seth

I really like Seated Lib. coins as well. I am working on the last coin (With Drapery/Obverse Stars) to complete my SL Dime Type Set. I just wish that I could afford/find more nice Seated Lib. coins for my USA Type Set.

Yes, it's an extensive series with many coins. It also gives type collectors headaches.;) I don't collect the higher grade or lower mintage coins due to my budget. It's just simply impossible to build a full MS collection of say seated quarters or seated halves without breaking the bank........for me at least.